Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

My mother is dating

This is something you don't really want to hear.

"Hi Guy. I went on a date today. I might go on a date tomorrow. Are you ok with this?"

I don't really mind, it's just weird. But it makes sense, seeing as how my dad is already living with his girlfriend (which is itself a difficult thing to process), and unless I really didn't get what he was saying a while back, he's also thinking of marrying her.

Dating at 51. That's strange. Does that mean I'll be getting a new mommy and daddy? (insert snarky comment here)

The "best" part about this is that my mom feels bad about the fact that she's dating and I'm not. "I've already lived. It's your turn".Mom, it's ok. Really.

Just don't tell me anything I don't need to know. Otherwise I might not be able to stay unaffected.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?