Monday, July 10, 2006

 

And then there were six

I think this expression is used to indicate that the number has decreased, but in my case it's the opposite. The last roommate arrived two days ago, thus making the apartment fully occupied. *sigh* I need to finish my papers as soon as fucking possible. I kinda wonder how they'll manage without my plates and utensils.

The roommates annoyed me yesterday, which made me dip into my Vodka in the Freezerâ„¢. It's not something they did. In fact, it's the exact opposite. They didn't wash the dishes. I wanted to make an omellet, but the good pan (mine) still had a bit of food in it. I looked at the other two pans we have, tried to clean them both (without success), and started making the omellet. Unfortunately, there was some sort of burned stuff stuck to the pan, and although it wouldn't peel off when I tried to clean it, it certainly managed to do that when I cooked. I had to throw everything away and find something else to eat.

I got 93 and 88 on the tests I took on Wednesday two weeks ago and Monday last week, respectively. The 93 isn't actually a 93, because the teacher raised the grades to everyone in the class because we all failed a certain part of the test. I went and saw that pretty much everything that I wasn't sure of during the test is exactly where I got the wrong answers. I think I could raise the grade to 94, but it just seems like a waste of time. I mean, not only is 93 a really good grade, it's the highest in the class. When I looked at the other test I felt so stupid. I got so confused with something, and did it several times, but the answer I chose before was the correct one, and I changed from it. The other two questions that I got wrong were so stupid too. A part of me wants to take the test again, but then I risk getting a lower grade, and the teacher also said that he might give a few extra points to people who contribute to the discussions in class, and I think I might get a few points. I want to ask him, but I think that sounds a bit rude. "Hi Doctor Moore, I was wondering, are you going to give me some extra points in your class, or should I just do the test again?" Doesn't seem right.

For some reason there are a lot of low flying planes flying overhead. Maybe they're firefighting planes and there's a forest fire? Internet don't fail me now...
Yep. Forest fire. Somewhere near here. Now I wonder whether I'm smelling cigarette smoke or burning tree smoke. Oh well. If it gets too bad they'll evacuate the dorms like they did last year. Thankfully I wasn't here at the time.

That reminds me that I read yesterday or the day before that the cause of a fire was because someone who was travelling shat in the woods and burned the toilet paper. And god knows how many acres of land at the same time. Idiot. It's fucking toilet paper. It's biodegradable.

I found a great new music service called Pandora. It's really great, because for some reason Live365 doesn't want to install itself on my computer anymore (even though it was installed just a while ago and working fine). They claim that the minimum requirements are Windows 2000 or XP, 1GHz processor and 256MB of RAM. I've got a Pentium 2 350MHz, 128MB of RAM, and Windows 98SE. Sure, if I try to run anything else at the time the computer locks up, but it's a good thing that I didn't bother reading that stuff before. Also, because of their licensing agreements they can only provide this service to US citizens. The way they verify it? Enter your zip code. That's a great security plan, guys. I mean, it's not like you can just write something and pretend it's your zip code, right? I mean, nobody knows that 90210 isn't just the name of the show, it's also the zip code, right? Idiots. Still, their stupidity is my gain.

One of the people who's supposed to work with me on a paper called me today. I was quite surprised, because I thought I'll just do the whole damn paper alone. I don't mind, really. I think I prefer to do it alone than rely on somebody else. Still, this way I can let him deal with some of the more annoying aspects of the paper.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?