Friday, July 07, 2006

 

I've got to get out of this place...

... If it's the last thing I'll ever do...

I've been arguing with one of my roommates far too much recently. I think I called him Childish McAnnoying before, but I'm not sure. Anyway, we've had two large arguments today, about nothing. The first one was some stupidity regarding economics, and the other some stupidity regarding the military and commanding officers. I've wasted so much time on these things, time better spent trying to read the boring articles for my test on Tuesday.

I struggled with the first article so fucking much it's not even funny. I don't remember it being so terrible the first time around. Maybe I didn't read it first time around? It was written in 1977, which is way too long ago. I mean, it's no longer relevant about a lot of things, which is even more ridiculous when you consider the fact that it deals with history. I mean, there was a big political change in Israel in the 1977 elections, and the theories that are in that chapter of the book were proven inacccurate. Plus, it was written in such a pretentious language that my mind glossed over so much. I felt like Peter Griffin from Family Guy when he saw a stand up act by someone, possibly Denis Leary, who went on and on using a lot of "big" words, and at the end Peter doesn't even understand the first one. I kept thinking "well, I guess I just won't understand that part of the article."

We got two new roommates. One is from Italy, and although he smokes (which I don't like), he cleaned the kitchen area more than we ever did (which I like a lot). The other one is from Seattle, and he looks a bit clueless and lost. They're both in the upper level of the apartment, so at least I'll still have a one room buffer from my roommate. I really should use "flat-mates" and not "roommates", but that sounds too British, even to me.

I've been writing this blog as if someone is reading it, and I have a hard time figuring out whether I want people to read it or not. When I had a LiveJournal I told one of my best friends about it, and he would also leave some comments from time to time (at least until I disabled anonymous posts due to spam). This time I haven't. I kind of hoped that because Blogger is a site designed only for blogs, and even has a feature that shows when a new blog entry has been written, I'd have random people reading this and leaving comments.

On a different topic, I gave my mother's boyfriend my email address. Well, one of them, anyway. He said that he'll "send me interesting things", which to me meant that he'll be like my dad and forward me all sorts of utterly ridiculous warnings and stupid jokes and PowerPoint presentations. Since that email isn't any of my major emails I didn't check it for a while. Today I logged in and found two messages. One was a joke that I've seen before, although I don't remember when or where - "20 reasons why it's better being over 50". The other one is a weird warning. It's so ridiculous that I just have to write it in its entirety here. I'm not going to add punctuation marks or correct grammar. This is a pretty accurate translation from Hebrew, although not one hundred percent:

"Nowadays are beggard in the streets and street-corners These beggars will reach a hand to ask for change

Under no circumstances reach out to them/give them money or even talk to them these are suicide bombers that have Prostate Avian Flu
Any contact with these people is very contagious please forward this message to anyone you know"

At the bottom there's a name of a police officer, and a doctor who's supposedly the head of the contagious diseases department in a big hospital in Israel. What a surprise, there's no doctor by that name, which is not surprising. The thing that I didn't expect was that the name of the department isn't the same! Gee, I wonder if that message is true. Also, what the FUCK is "Prostate Avian Flu"? How does a respitory disease affects your prostate? It's almost as ridiculous as the stupid woman who didn't want her children near the computers when it had a computer virus. That's not just an urban legend, that's something that happened either in my sister's class or my brother's. I have to say that at least the people who came up with this particular bullshit had some guts. To write something so obviously moronic and expect it to circulate requires even more contempt to people and their stupidity than even I have. It's almost as stupid as that Southpark episdoe where the Canadian that hates Terrence and Phillip and whose name I don't remember said "I'm wishing cancer on you. I wish you had cancer." And Terrence and Phillip were afraid that he's actually going to give them cancer just by wishing it.

Well, back to the grindstone. Those articles aren't going to read themselves. Or ceast to exist, which is so much more preferable.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?