Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Twenty-nine days

I really need to finish most, if not all of my assignments in twenty-nine days. July 31st, here I come. I looked at my schedule a week ago. To put it in "Magic 8-ball speak" - "Outcome not likely." I've got a test tomorrow, and then another on Tuesday next week. That leaves me 20 days to finish 3 papers by myself, and another that I need to finish with two other people. This time my luck won't help me. I won't be able to finish three papers the day before they're due. I don't want to, either.

I need to get out of the dorms. Bad. In room 1 there's Smokey McAnnoyingFriends; in room 6 there's Childish McAnnoying; rooms 2,4 and 5 are empty for now, but the maintenance people came over and made sure that at least two of them are ready for overseas students. I'm just hoping they'll arrive at the end of the month rather than now. Room 3 is mine. A small, dirty, annoying room, with no airflow and no privacy (the window is on the street's level). The dirty part is entirely my fault, of course; the other things are not.

If I could manage to study at home I would. Sadly, I can't concentrate there. I wish I knew why. There's something about that place that keep me constantly annoyed. I'm not a very calm person (it's a family thing), but something about home makes me angry about the smallest things. I'm dreading the thought of having to go back there when I'm finished with the tests and papers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?