Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

"Everybody knows that the war is over

Everybody knows the good guys lost"

In 1988 Leonard Cohen knew how it is, and how it's going to be. The only thing worse than being wrong about what's going to happen is being right about it.

Yes, there's an armistice. Yes, there's going to be a multinational peace force in Southern Lebanon. No, things aren't going to change. The terrorists aren't going to disarm themselves. Why should they? They have the support of the hypocritical French, who suddenly object to attacks on civilians. Is that what they were doing in the 8 years of the Algerian war of independence? Not attacking civilians? Not resorting to acts of terrorism, including blowing up houses? Not applying collective punishment for villages suspected of helping the resistance? Hypocrites, the whole lot of them.

I need to get back to the dorms to clear it out. I also need to go back there because I can't study at home. I also need to talk to my two partners in one of the papers so we can divide the work. I also have things I need to do at home. And I can't seem to be able to do a single thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?