Monday, August 14, 2006

 

I'm reclaiming control of my life

I've been in the passenger seat for a month now, and today it finally stopped. It started when I was at a friend's house and managed to will myself into searching for articles for an especially annoying paper. The university library's automated notification system wrongfully informed me that a book I had was due two days from now, which meant that I had to finish that specific paper in under two days. This gave me the strength to wade through countless boring pages, trying to find one article that would be in a closely related subject.

After I left my friend's house I decided that the next thing I need to do is cook for myself again. I haven't cooked in a month. I only cooked a simple pasta with a mushroom and cream sauce, but it still felt good to do it. After the first bite I felt better than I have in a while. The taste of hot food in the evening was a great counter to the no-food I had on-and-off throughtout the past month. Of course the downside to eating pasta is that it takes some time for it to digest, and in the meantime you can't really do much else.

Next I'll need to actually sit down and do the papers. I just need to find a place where I can concentrate on the articles. Maybe I'll go to the city library, or the college here in town. Maybe I'll be able to concentrate at home, although that doesn't seem too likely.

Now I wish this was a LiveJournal. This way I could have put the mood as "accomplished".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?