Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Is it just my imagination, or am I getting more spam?

The thing is, you can never tell if the spam amount has increased. It's not as if you're keeping a tab on it; you don't leave it in your inbox in case you'll need to do some statistics on it; you just delete it (or tag it as spam if you're using hotmail) and forget about it. Yet you keep on wondering.

I think I've been getting more spam lately. Maybe it's because I had an argument with some stupid girl in one of my classes that kept forwarding all sorts of crap, ranging from all sorts of Red Bull endorsed activites (she's working for them), through the general hoax emails, and to stupid things about the university that I couldn't care less about. Letting out steam on that stupid little girl (mentally, not so much physically. I'm guessing she's 22-23) felt really good, and helped relieve some of the stress I was having. But almost immediately after my last email I got two spam messages at once. And the spam keeps on coming.

The most ironic thing is that I wanted to do that to her, but I don't know how. Signing her up to mailing list isn't going to work, because they've got an opt-in system - you have to confirm that you want to sign up. Maybe I'll contact some spammer. The problem is that then he'll have my email address, and that's something that I'm just not willing to do.

Comments:
Yeah, war is a double edged sword, buddy. Spam wars, that is. You can always put some blood money on some account and have a mysterious bald-headed guy with an English accent take care of troubles for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?